I Believe in the Machine

yolanda - DES MOINES, Iowa

A machine is usually characterized as strong and unbreakable; it keeps going no matter the circumstances and is used in the process of building something that requires strength and care at the same time. My machine is my father.

I believe in the machine that my father is. He is the greatest gift from God. I believe that my dad is like a machine; he works and works and never quits. My father has always pushed himself to provide me with the best and nothing less and at the same time he has worked over time to build me into the best person I can be. As a freshman in high school, I knew that I was going to go to college because with my dad there is no other option. My dad helped me along the hardest years of my life, and for that I will always be thankful.

My dad is the hardest working person that I have ever met. I’m so grateful to be able to call him my dad. He is a loving and generous person who is always willing to put his family before himself. In the famous words of Diego, from Ice Age Two “he is the gooey stuff that keeps us together.”

When I was 11 years old I had surgery on my leg. I remember that morning like it was yesterday. When I woke up I was so scared and in so much pain, and the only person that was there was my father, he stayed up all night watching over me like a guardian angel. In the middle of the night when I woke up because I needed to go to the bathroom he was there to carry me around like when I was a baby. My dad has sacrifice so much for me and my siblings; we have been through so much together that it would take me forever to write about it.

One day I was thinking about my dad and all the hardships he has been through, and it amazes me how a person who didn’t have a father to teach him how to be a daddy can be so full of love for his own children. My father is the greatest machine that I wish I may someday be. There are no words to truly express what my dad means to me, and the only thing I can say is that I truly believe in him.