In Life, Kids Need Models

Ryan - Naperville, Illinois

Many kids everywhere, need people to look up to as role models, to help them achieve their goals. It could be parents, friends, athletes or celebrities. Whatever it takes for kids to become successful. It is really important to have people to turn to and see what to do so that they can become successful.

Some kids have dreams that they want to achieve, but kids think that some goals are, “impossible” and “unattainable”. But if a person really wants to achieve the goal that they want such as a professional athlete or an actor or a singer, they are going to have to work hard to achieve their goals. If you say something like, “I’m good at basketball, I’m going to make it to the NBA and be the next Michael Jordan.” That is perfectly fine, but how are you going to apply yourself? You have to work hard to achieve your dreams if you really want it.

Sometimes, though, there are kids out there that just can’t say anything positive. There are kids out there that will put you down and say you can’t do it. If you are a kid or an adult, never let them tell you what you can or can’t do. You should apply yourself and achieve your own goals. Have them run their own race and you run yours, because if you really want something, you should go out and get it.

There is a professional baseball player that is the shortstop of the New York Yankees by the name of Derek Jeter. When he was young, he wanted to play baseball as a shortstop for the New York Yankees. As he was growing up, he too had a role model that played for the Yankees. That helped him achieve his goal because he had someone he admired in the spot where he wanted to be. Then, you should go out and get a role model that has been there so you know where you should be also.

Sometimes when I tell people that I want to play professional baseball, they might laugh or say that I wouldn’t be good enough or something like that. You should know that you should never abandon your dreams because of another person because it will happen. You should just keep your head up and ignore the comments. Because nine times out of ten, they are jealous of you and wanting you to abandon your dream.

Having a role model is good because you can think that no one can stop you from getting to where you want to go. If people are trying to put you down, you could say, what would so and so do? How would he or she act in this situation? This will help when people are being hurtful and negative towards you. Now you can think, if they went through all of this to get to where they are, so can I.