I Believe inBird Shit

Brett - Woodbury, Minnesota

I believe in bird shit coming back around! The odds of bird poop landing on a person are really small. When you are on a big beach, literally on the ocean, with very few people there the odds of bird poop landing on someone are even smaller. What are you suppose to do when you see a person get pooped on? My family and I didn’t know what to do either. We did the first thing that came to our mind!

Back when I was in 6th grade my family took a vacation out to Boston. We came away with many memories; some good, some bad, and a lot of just funny memories. After seeing a lot of the sites that there are to see in and around the Boston area we decided to take a day to relax, so we went out to a beach on the Atlantic Ocean. When we got there we saw sand going for miles in both directions. We pretty much had it all to ourselves, there were only a few families scattered around.

After we had been swimming for awhile we all went in where we started talking. This is when I saw a beautiful girl with her family. She appeared to be about the same age as me. Since she was hot I was staring at her and I saw it all happen. I saw the bird circling above her, the poop falling, and the poop hitting her in the side of the head and all over her shoulder. Once this happened and she realized what had hit her she screamed very loudly and then she started to cry. This is when the rest of my family looked over and saw what had happened. My father, two brothers, and I started to laugh until we all were crying. My mom didn’t think that it was very funny and was a little mad with all of us. We finished the day, at the beach, and decided to go back to the campground. We timed it perfectly because it was starting to rain.

After a long day we all fell asleep really fast and the next morning we all woke up extremely wet. Well, not all of us. You see, we were sleeping in a tent that was on a little bit of a slant. Everything that came right by my mom, but since we were on a slant everything missed her and trickled down the tent and got everyone else. That is when I started thinking more about what had happened at the beach.

After seeing everyone wet, but my mother I started to believe in karma. It wasn’t very nice of us to laugh at the girl. She already had bird poop on her, which had to be very uncomfortable, but then she had us laughing at her. My family and I had great time in Boston and I am sure that we would all go back again, but after this trip we all learned the important lesson that karma can really suck and that we now believe in bird shit!