Some Peoples Lives Aren’t So Great

Sandra - Evans, Colorado

Its true, people can easily mess up their lives by some things. Yeah people have a hard life from a family that can be harmful. And of course the classic, being put down from people at school. Can you guess which one can be me? If you said all of them, then you’re right. I’m not saying my life is the worst in the world but at least it isn’t bad, and if some are wondering why most of these are in my life its pretty much kind of a fourteen-year-old life.

My family well is quite difficult even though you may think that they are great people. They can be cruel and once in a while, nice. But then at times they easily put me down by telling me things that I can “never succeed”. In elementary, it was quite difficult because well I wasn’t one of the popular kids there. But my sister was and I remember people trying to be my friends just to get to know her better. Then some years passed by, finished elementary and then started the 7th grade and finished that and when I was about to start the 8th grade, we move to Evans, CO. My father couldn’t stay because of the “good job” he had back in California. It felt like my parents divorced even thought they didn’t. I miss my father at times and wish that he would at least notice what I’m doing now but he doesn’t notice at all. I even try to get my mothers attention but she only pays attention to my sister. To say I wish I was somewhere else at those times.

And of course, school. People making fun of the accent I have. Some bothering me for no reason at all and when I ask them to stop, they continue on and on and on. When I go to school everyday, I hope it would be better and not add to the not-so-good-life but then something always has to happen to add to my collection. Someone gets hurt or some person I don’t even know telling other people how I am when I am not even close on how they tell others. The other day in one of my classes I said that I might hit someone for making fun of my accent but to confess I wouldn’t dare hit someone for that, I might just talk to them or just ignore them even though I do feel like smacking them.

Even though this may not be the best thing you ever read or heard, I’m blurting out some things out of myself. Some things that I would want to let out but no one would want to listen to. So if your wondering on what I believe, well its quite obvious. I believe that everyone, like me, don’t have such a great life like how some people might expect from them.