I Believe in Technology

Thomas - Western Springs, Illinois
Themes: science

According to dictionary.com, technology is defined as the practical application of science to commerce and industry. I believe that technology is used in much more than trade and industry, but in everything we Americans do in our daily lives. When we go home, we almost instantly see something that incorporates technology or has been altered by technology. Whether it is a television, a refrigerator, or even a light bulb, it is technology that has changed the way we live in America.

It is impractical to say that technology has not changed your life. Technology has certainly changed my life. I started being influenced by technology in first grade due to the fact that we had just started our computer class in elementary school. The computers were much larger in first grade than the computers today, but they can almost do the same tasks. I was very eager to start the new class because I had never used a computer before in my life. We started out doing simple games and programs including my favorite, Math Busters. I started to discover that this ordinary “box” could do many more things than just playing games such as finding information easily. In fourth grade, our class was given the assignment to research an Illinois issue or event. This was our first project that required us to research information and write it in an essay format. I thought that this project meant hours in the library taking notes from old encyclopedias. Our teacher taught us how to use search engines such as Google and Yahoo. Using them made our work much easier and efficient. Fifteen years earlier, one would have had to use the library as the main source of information. Technology made my project much easier to construct and I received an excellent grade on the project. Technology has helped me then and will continue helping me in the future.

Technology is one of the reasons for success in our country. Technology will only improve from this point and becoming more superior than ever before and more easy to use. I believe that technology is the building block of the world and the way we will live our lives in the future.