Rob - western springs, Illinois

The world is not a fair place to live in but that doesn’t mean that we can’t trust anyone, although in these times it seems harder to do so. Trust is something everyone has to have because without it the world wouldn’t work. In order to have trust we have to have something to believe in, like a higher power, as in religion. That’s how religion works by trust. Trusting that we are right about what happened, trusting that we don’t have complete control over ourselves, that maybe some higher power has something planned out for us and we can’t help what happens.

Maybe the thing or person you believe in is a parent or a close friend. Trust is the basis of marriage and friendships, it would be awkward if the person you married is a person you can’t trust. The same with a friend, a friend you can’t trust isn’t really a friend. There are times in my life when I don’t think I can trust my friends, for example I have lent money to many of my friends and am glad to say almost everytime I’ve gotten paid back, but it was when I wasn’t paid back that I thought I couldn’t trust some of my friends. Knowing that I need to have trust in my friends and not drag things out and make them complicated, I just let it go because five dollars isn’t worth losing a friend over, even if it’s just to prove a point.

I believe in trust, the trust that I won’t get made fun of by my “friends” behind my back, the trust that when you say you will be there you will be there, the trust that I can lend you money and you will pay me back first when you get it, the trust that you won’t tell my secrets, that instead you keep them to yourself, and the trust that you won’t lie to me because I never did to you.