Freedom that doesn’t come free

Dustin - Alamosa, Colorado

One of the things that make this country great is the fact that we are free and that we don’t have to worry about living under an evil dictator in a totalitarian government. I believe that Freedom doesn’t come free. In fact some people have to pay the ultimate price to uphold our freedom. Because of this sacrifice that the men and women of the United States of America military make, I have the utmost respect for them.

Having grown up in a family with a military background, I was always taught that these men and women were the reason that me and so many other Americans had such great lives, and that they deserved our deepest appreciation. That is why I have such a hard time believing that people can have so much anger and hate for the men and women of the military of the United States of America.

I think that maybe one day J will join the military, so that I can say that I did my part to protect the freedom of every citizen of America, and remember that Freedom does not come free and that some people died so that we can live everyday as a free nation.