I Believe in a World Without Obesity

Emily - Mosca, Colorado

I believe in healthy living and in a world without obesity. As I look around I see a great number of overweight people. Not just slightly overweight, but to the point of obesity. It seems like people have given up on taking care of themselves, and letting themselves become victims of obesity. This is something that is close to me because much of my family is obese. I have come to the conclusion that if people make a stronger effort then the world can come to a point free of obesity.

I first noticed the abundance of obese people when I was with my brothers and sisters and went to return a movie at a near by blockbuster. As we were leaving, a man pulled up right next to the door to return a movie. He got out of his car I noticed he was very overweight. This strongly distressed me. It was obvious this man had a hard time making it to the door just to drop off a movie. I can only imagine all the other things that this man has may problems with. After that moment I notice that there are lots of people that suffer like that man did. He is not too bad off compared to the many people that can’t even get out of bed. There are many people that are so dependent on their friends and family just to do little things. Most obese people can’t leave their house and haven’t been outside for many years. The majority of them haven’t been so big all there lives.

I think that if people made an effort to take care of their bodies then the number of obese people will go down. I’m not trying to demean people who are overweight, because I am also strongly against bulimia and anorexia. It’s essential to me to be healthy, because if you are healthy you will be able to do more things that you enjoy. I think that if other people would believe what I believe then they will be strongly benefited. This might help people to take a look at themselves and work harder to be healthy. This might bring them a better life and also a possible longer lifetime doing things that they want to do.