Speed

Ronnie - Hooper, Colorado

One of the greatest achievements in my life has been at our local dirt track in the mini stock class. My family started out as spectators but then we started to race more and more cars. When we first went to the races I was 8 years old and liked to watch cars race.. So that winter my dad bought two striped ford pintos. Then he bought an old Camaro that had a roll cage and a racing seat to put roll cages in and to build into race cars. That summer we started to race at the local track. The first year my dad and brother raced. The second year my sister started to race. Then two years later I started to race. Racing soon turned into an obsession more than a hobby. After our local track closed we started to travel farther and farther away. The year that we started to race farther away my sister and brother started to race the fastest cars. The first year I raced I won over seven races. I was in the points lead until I lost one race half way threw the season. That year I lost the points championship by one point. So therefore I believe that every body should have the right to have fun and race some kind of vehicle.