Racism

Ethan - Remus, Michigan
Themes: race

Racism

The story I am about to tell is about racism and it first starts off with my mother teaching me to get along with everybody. It doesn’t matter what they look like or what color skin they have. People fear first before they judge and they let it go on and on and it creates what we have now. Like when I was in driver’s training I just finished my hours and it was the other person’s time to drive. So he started to drive through Big rapids and the teacher told him to pull into the store parking lot.

After awhile the other student started talking to me and we had a conversation. Once he seen a couple of colored guys and it shocked me for what he said, “I hate black people”. Then I ask him why and he said, “I just don’t like them”. So he had no reason for saying that he just said it. Instead of getting a chance to know one he just comes out and says that what kind of crap is that. I questioned him you don’t like colored people for no reason that’s just wrong. Like days ago when someone asked who would you vote for and he said McCain. They asked why just to see what he thought and he said because he is black. What I thought was you are going to vote for the other guy just because they are colored.

I have two brothers that are colored and after I here all that it just doesn’t make sense. Why would you not like some one just because they are a different color or height or weight. Wonder if other people realize that we’re not just one race. We could be Irish, German, French, heck we could have some colored in us but it doesn’t make a difference what you look like its what’s inside that counts. That’s why I am writing this because there shouldn’t be a problem with what you look like, people should like you the way you are or a different color. So if you read this I hope you understand where I am getting this. Like I said people fear first before they judge and it goes on and on and creates what we have now.