Ronisha - San Leandro, California

I believe that I can go to college. Did you know that a lot of African Americans are in jail, selling drugs, living pay check to pay check, homeless, or selling their bodies on the street for money, all because they didn’t go to college?

Now all freshmen in high school across the nation, listen closely!!! It is not our parents jobs, not the government, not your sisters or your brothers, but your responsibility to go to school on time, get straight A’s, maybe even have an AP class or two, and get your license, and graduate from high school with a diploma, go to college and master in whatever you’re good at, get a master’s degree or a PhD and graduate from college, maybe start a family, then when they get to high school, you can pass down the adventure you had yourself. Now doesn’t that sound fantastic? All you have to do is dedicate yourself to your work and concentrate. But how are you going to do that and you want to be the class clown because your friends think it’s cool, where does that leave you? With all the rest that are homeless, living paycheck to paycheck and so on. All you need to do is get off your butt, down pay attention to the people who like you for what you do, and get your study on. Parents just give us a little when needed, well make it to college. I believe I can make it to college.