I believe in Cartoons

Michael - La Grange, Illinois

I Believe in Cartoons

I believe in cartoons. I believe that they can make us feel happy even when we’re not. And this belief is based on experience. In Tom and Jerry tales, when Tom pulls out a frying pan to hit Jerry on the head, it is almost impossible to not to laugh. After the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles stop Shredder from taking Master Splinter, you can’t help but want to join them and be in the news by reporter April May. Watching cartoons on an early Saturday morning is something that can not be beat.

I remember waking up early on Saturday mornings to watch Pokemon. I would wrap up in a soft hand knitted afghan and take my pokemon pillow too; run down stairs and turn on the TV. I would eat breakfast while watching TV. My parents were never very fond of me watching TV from seven to ten. However, I felt that Pokemon, Tom and Jerry, Arthur, the X-Men, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, and Spiderman were more important then nine hours of sleep.

Before I did any homework or cleaned on Saturday morning I made sure I saw my favorite cartoon show, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The turtles always got to do the coolest things. They got to eat pizza all day and beat up bad guys. If my mom made me start my chores before Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I would work up to the time it started. I would stop what ever I was doing and watch TV even if I hadn’t finished the assigned chore. My mom would then walk in and tell me to stop watching TV and finish all my chores. After I did my chores I could watch TV. I thought this was the most unfair thing that could happen to me. I would hurry to finish all my chores, and when they were done, I would try to catch the ending of what ever show was on. Once the cartoons were done I didn’t know what to do with my afternoon.

Even though this was when I was young, I still feel that cartoons can make a person feel happy. They also can still make us laugh and help us balance out some of the more boring things we have to do in life. This is why I believe in cartoons.