I Believe in Breakfast

Tom - LaGrange Park, Illinois

I Believe in Breakfast

I believe in many things, but there are a few things that are more important to me than others. One of them for example would be waking up, but that is not the topic of this essay. I believe in eating a healthy breakfast every morning. A healthy breakfast helps start your day with a bang. It helps you pay attention, stay awake, and more importantly listen in class. Without a healthy breakfast in the morning it will be harder to do well in school. You will be unfocused and not able to bring enough effort to the class. Breakfast works wonders.

In my freshman year I would always rush out the door to catch the bus. I would leave in such a hurry that I was not able to eat any breakfast. By third period I was completely dead and out of it. It affected how well I could grasp the material and how well I could pay attention in class. This was happening every day. My lunch wasn’t until eighth period, so from first to eighth I had nothing to eat. I was running off of nothing. With no food in my system I could not perform to my fullest. My brain was not functioning properly. I thought what could possibly be wrong. Was I not getting enough sleep? That couldn’t be right because I usually got around nine hours of sleep a night. I just couldn’t figure out what was causing me to be so tired. Then one morning my alarm clock went off an hour early. Falling asleep was not an option, so I got up and for once I ate breakfast. Nothing to big, just a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

It was that bowl of cereal that jumpstarted my whole day. I found it easier to pay attention in class. I was finally able to understand what we were being taught in class. My grades got better and school got easier.

Breakfast may not be the first thing on your minds in the morning, but try and make it. It can be so helpful. I believe that any type of breakfast in the morning will help you stay on your game. If you eat a good breakfast you can’t go wrong. And that is what I believe.