Fireworks at First Glance

nick - urbandale, Iowa
Themes: love

All my life I have heard people saying love is blind and love at first sight is possible. I never really believed in any of that until I met this girl. I was in 7th grade and I was still very young and naïve but I was starting to become interested in girls. I would always flirt with every girl I talked to, even the not so attractive ones. It was just my thing to flirt with every girl.

In my health class I sat next this girl named Taylor. She was very attractive and very shy. I did my usual flirting with her but something was different with her. Every time I saw her I got nervous and my hands became sweaty. I had never felt that way about anyone or anything. I couldn’t figure out why this happened until, I realized how I really felt about her. She wasn’t just another girl that I flirted with. When I wasn’t with her I always thought about her and soon I began calling her at night so I see how her evening went. Soon we started holding hands in the hallways and hugging each other before every class. The next thing I knew we were dating and always around each other. Every day after school we would hang out with each other all night. I had the best time ever with her.

After middle school we started high school. We were still dating two years later and nothing could be better. We were the most exclusive couple in our grade. We had everything together and we both cared so much about each other. I felt we would never be apart. I had never felt the way I felt for her ever in my life and for once I felt I had gained someone special in my life who loved me and I loved her.

Now that I’m graduated from high school and in my second year of college I realize looking back to middle school what that feeling was that I got around Taylor. It was love. I had loved her and I didn’t even realize it at the time. I was so young and new to the game I didn’t know what was going on. We are still together going on 7 years and I think we will stay with each other for ever even though we argue like no other; I figure that’s typical in a long relationship.

We are still in love today and we have hopes of one day doing mans greatest fear and get married and start a family. I love her with all my heart and I always will have a place in my heart for her whether we are together still or not, she means everything to me and I would be nothing without her in my life.