I believe in Baseball

Alyssa - USA
Themes: sports

Baseball has been an inspiration and a passion for people of all races, ages, and genders. Some might say it’s the ballpark hotdogs, the excited fans, or just the game itself. Through baseball, many people can learn useful techniques to help them succeed later in life. I believe that baseball isn’t only a test of physical endurance and mental strength, but it is also a powerful force that draws various people together.

‘ There I stood in the batter’s box, my heart pounding so hard I thought it would burst right out of my chest. As I glanced down the third base line to get a signal from my coach, I felt the nerves and the fear overwhelm me. I tried to calm myself by taking a deep breath. The pitcher whipped the ball towards the plate, and all of a sudden my life was in slow motion. I thrust my hands at the ball as the bat swung around and rocketed the ball out to the left field. A rush of adrenaline pumped through my veins as I charged down the first base line. My coach signaled for me to keep running around second and third. After I rounded third, I sprinted towards home plate with one thing on my mind, bating the tag to score a homerun. I slid into home plate right under the catcher’s glove. I heard my teammates screaming with delight, cheering, and shouting my name. As I glanced at our dugout through the thick cloud of dust, I saw that my whole team was up on their feet cheering for me.

The feeling of power and accomplishment that I felt was truly incredible. To this day, playing baseball has helped me to see why the game is so loved and how it came to be America’s favorite past-time. Through the game of baseball, I’ve many good friends and I’ve also learned how to use teamwork to succeed. Another lesson baseball had taught me is how to have good sportsmanship. Above all else, I’ve learned that it doesn’t matter if you win or lose its how you play the game.