My beliefs

Prachi - san antonio, Texas
Themes: change

My beliefs

An average person’s life is made up of compliments, beliefs, and ideas that are shared by one another. Here is something about me: My name is Prachi P– and I am sharing my beliefs, my ideas, and my perspective of life in my point of view. Viewing life in a pessimistic way was all I could think of, which was my past, but my consciousness today made me realize that my beliefs and my perspective towards my life was wrong. I was raised without my parents in Connecticut with my older sister who was considered my mother and my father to me. After the death of my biological father, things were seldom going right and life appeared hard and complicated. I was a little girl with basic knowledge of life trying to work my way up to learn secrets about what my life withheld. My uncle and aunt, who my mother and my step-father trusted, were “raising” my sister and I. Raised in cruelty and unfairness was the world we fell into. My beliefs seldom held together and I started to break down easy. Trying to relate my past to my present and my present to my future always surrounded my mind. I wanted a better future, just like everyone else does. To make things better, I changed my pessimistic views to optimistic and tried to take things the “right way” as in, be positive about life. A voice echoes through my brain that keeps me going and assisting me confront all my battles before and even now. Taking encouraging steps slowly helped me get closer to my desire which was only because of my beliefs. Sometimes I sit alone and think about how life changes a person’s judgment and beliefs just by few disturbed events in their life, but one thing that I learned: giving up is not the reason and the result to everything. As I look back into my past, I see myself struggling through life before and I always will; to make sure I am doing my best to prevent the harm to me and my loved ones. As Mariam Makeba said, “I look at the past and I see myself”.