War and My Life

Joshua - Lake, Michigan

One day in fifth grade I was sitting in class and got some horrible news. All my classmates and I went into the same classroom and turned on the T.V. The channel was turned to CNN where we first heard the news. Two planes were crashed into the World Trade Centers. It didn’t have much affect on me at the time, but now looking back it changed my life forever.

Soon after finding out about this I heard we were going to war with them. I wasn’t sure what to think about this, but knew it wasn’t a good thing. Since the war has started the gas prices and many other prices have risen quite high. Now that I’m a senior in high school I have to pay for stuff by myself. One thing I have to pay for by myself is gas. Gas went from being one dollar and forty-nine cents to now being three dollars and seventy-nine cents. It doesn’t seem like a lot but once you have to fill your car up once a week it gets to be a lot of money. Food in general has gone up in price as well. You used to be able to go to the store and buy a pop for a dollar twenty-five now it is up to a dollar fifty-nine.

It is now September 5,2008 and our troops are still in Iraq for no reason. I truly think the only reason were over there is because of the oil. I know we need oil to bring the gas prices down put we are paying the wrong price with our troops lives. I think we need to get our troops out of war now before more troops lose their lives. More and more families are losing their loved ones and it’s just not right. My aunt had a friend that went over seas and died two weeks before coming home. It was one of the worst things that ever happened to her she said.

I don’t know about you but I would hope that never happens to me ever. Those were just a couple of things that changed my family and my life forever. That’s how I feel about the war issue our troops are in.