Feed Yo Rabbits

Heath - Remus, Michigan

Responsibilities. Everybody has them. Do you want them? I don’t. But what happens when you slack on your responsibilities? Well, back when I was about 9 years old my responsibility was feeding the rabbits that we had. Everyday I would wake up and go feed my rabbits. And right before I went to bed I would go feed them again. This went on for about a month and, like everything, it got boring. My dad told me that everyday this had to be done or they could die.

One weekend I wanted to go hang out with my friends. So that Friday night I thought that it would be OK if I just loaded those rabbits up with food and water then fed them again when I got back on Monday morning. So I hung out with my friends and had a good time. Then when I got back on that Monday morning all the rabbits had died. If I would have just went back on that Saturday and Sunday morning to take care of my rabbits they would have survived. But no I slacked on my responsibilities and because of that they had died.

My dad wasn’t so mad but disappointed that I slacked on my responsibilities. Then came my punishment: my dad took away my computer and my Xbox for about a week. Then he gave me some extra responsibilities, too, and told me I better not let that happen again. So I did these extra things that he had me do and for that whole week I was bored out of my mind and didn’t want to work anymore.

Now I have learned a very good leason don’t slack on your responsibilities or you just may get slammed with even more responsibilities than you had before and you could be out a couple of rabbits. I learned my lesson and I hope that the next time you think about slacking on your responsibilities you think twice and just do them or the outcome could be worst than what