This I believe

Richard - Winchester, Virginia
Themes: Christianity

Life is worth living. It’s so easy to get caught up in the everyday, that people often lose the bigger picture. I was put here for a reason, and just because bad and horrible things happen, that does not mean there is no God watching over things looking out for the greatest good. People get so hung up on the fact that if God was all knowing, all-powerful, and unconditionally loving then why do people kill other people and why do other unspeakable things happen. I believe that fault lies with existence itself, not with the one who made existence. God is love, and because of that fact there has to be hate in order for that endless love to have any consequence. Without light everything would be dark, but no one would know what dark was so therefore it would just be utter nothingness. In the beginning God had the choice to make men who did everything he said, without question. In this there lies no true joy. I have found that true joy is only achieved when I have gone through a struggle and come out on the other side, and are that much better for it. The beauty is within the journey, and is not the end result. ‘

For God, it was worth taking the risk of having just one person who faced all the toils and struggles that come with free will make it through everything actually loving and praising his holy and righteous name, even if that meant that all the other beings that came into being spent eternity in a lake of fire. They had the choice, and this is where the true beauty of freewill lies. Without the ability to choose to love God, that love would mean nothing (just like darkness without light). God does not want a world full of automata that say, “I love you father.” He wants creatures that actually love him and not only show that with their words, but also with their actions toward the other creatures on this earth.

Bad things happen, not because he makes them happen, but because he allows them to happen. In every situation, no matter how bad, there will always be a positive outcome. However, you can’t always see it from your spot in life, but it’s important to never lose your faith. I have especially noticed this in my own everyday life, and it’s not just been a few things. It’s a regular occurrence and is one of the most amazing feelings one can experience. When I finally put my faith in God and dropped all of my worries and knew that tomorrow things would be taken care of for me, because even things are taken care of for the lowliest of creatures, is when everything truly changed in my life. By putting my faith where it belongs I am living the life he meant for me how he meant me to live it. There is nothing greater in this world than that, loving God fully and serving him every day. This is what I truly believe.