Eating

Colin - Healdsburg, California
Themes: pleasure

In life, everyone cares about how they look. One of the biggest parts in looking good is looking fit. I do not blame these people, because I am in the same boat. However, the many people seem to tangle themselves up in to an endless web of watching what they eat, and not simply eating to their hearts desire. I believe that the one activity that every human can agree on is that eating is fun, and that it is the ultimate stress reliever. If everyone were to eat what they wanted, they would be much less stress free, and in return, they would be more likely to exercise and not gain wait.

Eating is the one activity in every person’s day that cannot be ruined by anyone else. It is the only activity in someone’s day that they have full control of how much they enjoy themselves.

So many people are constantly watching what they eat, which does not help their stressed lifestyles. I see too many frozen deserts that probably taste like cardboard, just because they are made to be low calorie. After these people eat their artificial air filled food, they probably do not even feel satisfied, and spend the rest of their day wishing they could have what they really wanted.

Something I hear all the time is, “oh my god, this has so many carbs in it.” Ever since the Atkins diet came around, everyone thinks that carbohydrates are suddenly horrible. It has gotten to the point that fast food restaurants now sell low carb items on the menu.

If people were to truly eat what they wanted, they would not have to constantly be aching for that extra bite, or that truly desired food. Instead of spending time wishing they could eat more and stressing, they would be out being active, and staying in shape. Their bodies would also have more energy, which would in turn make them more likely to be active.

Most people who worry about what they eat do not need to worry about what they eat in the first place. Even so, if they did actually know what to eat, they would not need to worry in the first place.