I believe in myself

jamela - chicago, Illinois

I believe in myself because if I didn’t be where am at today. Ever since I started school which was in “97” I was very shy when I first started school because I was use to being at home with my family not in a environment full of children and a teacher who’s in control. Also where I had to do work, so in order for me to get through my first year of school I started believing in myself. Even though my mom encouraged me when I wasn’t in school. I feel its necessary to believe to believe in yourself because if you don’t others wont believe in you. I always have to believe in myself in order to complete any task. I don’t care what it is belief in myself is always there. By doing so I have succeeded a lot so far in school and in life. I think that’s something I have to do so I can continue to strive for the best. I know most kids I attend school with don’t believe in themselves that’s why they are not as successful as others. My mom has put in my head since my younger days, now I’m in my teenage years and in a year I will be an adult. It me getting older and when you’re older, its more difficult than teenage years and youth years so I really have to believe in myself even more. Also being a adult that believes in there self will be more successful. And as I have said before always believe in yourself and whatever you do you will succeed. I ask myself frequently “ how can I make it in this world without encouraging myself? My family encourages me making me want to believe in myself more and more. My grandmother always tells me to believe in myself even if others don’t. I know why she says that because it matters to me and who cares about others feelings. I feel like everyone should be an encourager and help encourage others. I have several things to do and to successfully complete them all I need to believe in myself. So I would always believe in myself no matter what.