Zachary - Centerville, Massachusetts

I believe that confidence, practice and patience are the keys to success. These three qualities, when all used together, will bring success to those who truly believe in what they are doing.

As a seventeen-year-old high school student, small successes have a large effect on my life. Currently I am pursuing a career in music production, a very difficult business to get into. When I began, I found the career to often be a very difficult choice to continue to pursue, as nobody seemed to want to listen. Despite the complicated beginning, I continued to hold a physical mentality that soon, people would begin to become interested in me work and eventually my pursuit in the music production career would be rewarded. I was confident in my future.

As months passed, I sustained my career and kept producing music from my basement, experimenting with new sounds and ideas that became more and more popular in the minds of my peers in the business. I toned my skills and my originally wide ideas to a broader and more specific sense where I could actually bring them to the keyboard and put them into music. I practiced as much as possible and continue to do so currently.

Once I felt my skills were up to par with my peers to the point that my work and talent had their respect. I began the process of promoting myself and attempting to get my name known to other producers and artists around the world. At this point all I could do was wait. While continuing to wait for calls and emails, I remained confident that they would come, and kept on practicing my skills until one day not too long ago; a musician began making multiple tracks with my production. He then contacted a much more famous artist and told him of my work. My patience paid off and the material I had produced is now soon to be known across the world.

It is truly amazing how in one year, through confidence, practice and patience, success can erupt from one person and reach people who are known across the world.