Say Thank You

Lora - buda, Texas

Say thank you

Saying thank you can mean more then one thing to a person. It can mean thank you for what you’ve done, thank you for being here, or even just plan thank you so much, but the one that sticks out the most to me is the ordinary thank you.

I was walking down tha hallway by the gym with my friend Laina, when we spotted a custodian cleaning up. Right then Laina said thank you. After that I looked at her at smiled she said,” What do you think it’s weird that I tell all the custodians I see thank you?” I told her no that it was refreshingly nice. Then she told me to think about how many times they probably get judged for what they do. Even though their just helping us by doing their job, and also to support their families. After I head that it got me wondering how much potential they have inside just waiting to come out like a baby in a mother’s womb.

I once heard someone speak in church that we should all have an attitude of gratitude, and not just saying it striving to show it in our daily lives. So not just saying thank you, but gong the extra mile and showing gratitude so help the custodians out and throw away you own trash. You may not know it but the little things you do matter, and it goes along way. Another reason you should show gratitude is because it make s a difference in a person’s life. And the feeling is irresistible it’s like getting a brand new bike on Christmas

One of the reasons I feel so strongly about saying thank you and having an attitude of gratitude is because people in today’s world are so quick to judge you. And by do something a simple as saying thank you or helping someone out we can make this world a little bit better. Plus judging people is never nice and I should know because I’m Mormon and I get judged a lot for that. People always assuming things about you behind you back. Well it hurts, like walking bear foot in a sea of glass.

So later that day I saw Laina and told her thank you, and that she had taught me a lesson. That life’s like a box of crayola crayons all different colors, with all different importances. It doesn’t matter were  if you’re the broken crayons at the bottom of the box you’re just as important as the sharp crayons on the top, and together we make a beautiful box of crayons.