Hard Work

Christian - Syracuse, New York

Something that I have always believed and have personally witnessed, is that hard work, perseverance, and positivity pays off. It is a bit cliché and certainly a statement that is often mentioned but it has always held true. It comes from coaches, teachers, parents, family and friends too and is the consistent advice and path to success. Whatever the goal may be: weight loss, job promotion, or just improvement in one’s own life, the key is to work hard at it, and I truly believe that.

Michael Jordan did not make his High School’s varsity team his freshman year and was not even a top recruit entering college, yet he still went on to become the greatest basketball player of all time. Michael Jordan’s work ethic and determination to be the best is proof that hard work and determination will show results. If someone could ask Michael Jordan how he accomplished all of the great things he has done, I am one hundred percent sure that the first thing he would say is hard work.

The problem that so many people have is that they look for the easy way out or the quick fix, but to achieve results you truly have to dig deep, stay the course and maintain a positive attitude. Working hard and putting time and strength into what you are doing is not enough. Being able to being back the same work ethic every single day or every time you are working at whatever you are working at is key. Lastly staying positive and having the right mental outlook is essential. When you are striving for a goal results, more often than not, will not show early on. In order to achieve your goal you have to be positive and believe that the hard work that you are doing is paying off even though you cant grasp the success yet.

When you want to achieve something, whether it be a small short term goal, or a grand long term goal, there is one way that I believe it can be achieved: working hard for what you want.