LisaMarie - Syracuse, New York

It’s 1am. I have put off this assignment long enough. It’s due today at 12:45. I would’ve done it earlier had it not been for my roommate’s birthday. We went out to Red Lobster with a few of our friends to celebrate. Oh and listen to this, when we were coming back to the dorm, I found a 20 dollar bill on the ground with no one in sight to claim it. Putting off the speech definitely paid off. Of course no birthday party is complete without cake with delicious frosting. We ate all we could and still had left-overs and I didn’t want them to go to waste so we visited our neighbors and offered some to them. So now it’s 1 in the morning and I still have to do this assignment. It’s not the first time I’ve been in this situation and it surely won’t be the last but that’s ok because I believe in procrastination.

Procrastination can be a curse to many. Repercussions include stress, hair loss, and bags under your eyes. Nonetheless, I still believe in procrastination because it has proven to be beneficial to me. It gives me the ability to focus better than if I had started the assignment ahead of time. Not to mention, think of all the fun times you could miss if you sat at your desk starting an assignment early instead of living in the moment without schedules, PDAs or BlackBerrys that plan your every minute. Some may feel that their work suffers from doing it at the last minute, but so far my procrastination techniques have had positive results, as seen in my exceptional GPA.

I believe in procrastination because it fits into my way of life and I owe a lot of great times and good work to this philosophy. So here it is, the assignment I put off till 1 this morning when I could give it my complete attention. I worked into the night, stressed out but 20 dollars richer and with my belly full of cake.