I believe in the game of basketball

Patrick - Manlius, New York
Themes: sports

I believe in the sport of basketball. Whichever way you choose to play, in a league,

pick-up, or professionally, it is simply the greatest game on the planet.

It?s played by some of the greatest athletes, and some of the worst. Men and women. The

one thing almost everyone who plays basketball has in common is a love for the game. A

three point shot from me is worth just as much as one from Ray Allen, although it may not

look as pretty. Lebron James and I can both dunk; he just does it a little bit better,

but the three of us share the same love for the game. Appreciating the past, and the

evolution of the sport to its current state. From pistol Pete and Bob Cousy?s masterful

ball handling to Dr. J making the dunk a norm, and Michael Jordan mastering it. Reggie

Miller hitting yet another three pointer or Shaquille O?Neal powering home a jam after a

beautiful drop-step. The game is always changing.

I?ve been playing for over ten years and I love the game in every sense. The sound of

shoes squeaking on hardwood floors, a ball passing through the net perfectly, pick and

roll or give and go, the trash talk and conversation that takes place both on and off the

court. Seeing a team seamlessly pass through a full court press for a lay-up or a

fade-away buzzer beater, the game is an art.

I have played in leagues and played pick-up, the game is still the same, maybe different

consequences, maybe it isn?t always win or your off the court, but still played with the

same passion and love for the sport. Whether we are playing to 11 by ones or until the

buzzer sounds, I?m ready for tip-off, 24-7.