Matt - Westminster, Massachusetts

I wholeheartedly believe that no one will EVER in their entire life be perfectly content with their situation, the moment they’re in, or their life in general. Never will someone feel every possible burden fall off of themselves to the point where they are completely free. People are always, constantly, striving and working for what they want. And half the time by the time they reach their goal (if they do) they already want something different. In my case, i constantly find myself wanting something terribly, and losing interest quite soon after. I never know what i want. And if i never know what i actually want, how am i supposed to ever be content with myself? Because no matter what i have, I’ll find an imperfection thats going to tell me i deserve something more. It’s always more more more. And I’m not speaking in specific terms, this applies to everything for me. If i don’t know what i want, how am i to accomplish anything? And if i don’t accomplish anything, how am i supposed to be happy?

I strongly feel like I’m not the only one that feels this. It’s a source of thousands of problems in this world. People not knowing what they want. “I want to marry her, I’m sure”. The divorce rate flies. “Nope, this is definitely the job that fits me perfectly”. About what, 98% percent of people absolutely HATE their occupations? It just absolutely TEARS at me that in the rest of my long lifetime, it’s very possible that i may NEVER be completely happy. It tears at me.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that people have to try to be happy in this world; you have to put yourself in the right mindset. And honestly, there’s something wrong with that. It shouldn’t be that way. I don’t know if happiness will ever come to me, or if i have to run to happiness. But i know that it makes me look at things in a completely different way. It makes me look at the little things, i look at them and think of the promise of joy that they could bring to me if i tried. Maybe that’s how most people make it through their lives. But i don’t try. Because i still don’t know what i want. And who knows if i ever will.