God Is Love, not Judgement

Taige - Healdsburg, California
Themes: Christianity

I have been reared in a church since I was but a few months old, and I have been Christian since I was seven. It has been ten years since I accepted Christ and I am just now beginning to see why people hate Christians. It is very simple actually, people hate Christians because the ones that they hear and see on the news and the radio, are damning people and being accusatory and pompous.

The people who stand on the corner with sandwich boards that say such things as, “God hates fags!” and “Muslims, Jews, Mormons, Baby killers, adulteresses, fornicators, God will judge you” need to read their Bibles more closely. The God that I serve, the God of the Bible is a LOVING God. The bible even tells us, “Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?” (Mathew 7:3) and “Stop judging, so that you won’t be judged,” (Mathew 7:1). I believe that these people need to seriously take a look at their own lives ad a look at the judgment that they are putting on others and be ashamed. It is my wish that people not see Christians as judgmental idiots but as beacons of love.

This I believe, that God loves everyone, we’ve all made mistakes and that no one mistake is grater than the other. This I believe, that people are giving Christians a bad name by standing on street corners yelling out choice scriptures, taken out of context, about hell, fire, damnation, and judgment. This I believe, that we are called to love, and if people feel the need to stand on the street corners, that they should speak calmly and with love, and listen to the people they speak to.