Beach Speech

Annie - 03910, Maine
Themes: nature, place

My speech is about the beach. For above all else, I believe in the beach. Whenever I’m going through hectic times in my life, the beach is always there for me to go to, as a quiet place to sit and think. No, the beach can’t walk out on my life the way that a flaky friend or a bad boyfriend would. It’s always been there for me as long as I can remember. I’ve been fortunate enough to have grown up in a town with four beaches. Most people are lucky if they have even one beach nearby.

Some of my fondest childhood memories have been at the beach. Family picnics watching the sunset, playing in the tide pools as a kid, and walking along the beach at low tide with my grandmother as we searched for pieces of sea glass to add to our collections.

I believe in the beach for a good time. There are countless activities to do on the beach that are only made better by the sand and the ocean water. You can go tanning, swimming, or surfing. You can play volleyball, bocce ball, Frisbee, or paddleball. You can go kayaking or sailing. You can build sand castles with kids, have bonfires, or simply go to the beach to spend time with loved ones.

I’ve traveled all over the country to go to beaches- San Diego, Florida, Cape Cod… and I’ve found that each beach is special in its own way. Beaches vary depending on their location. The color and texture of the sand can differ, as can the size of the waves of the temperature of the water. A beach can look vastly different five years from now, due to the forces of nature that change it.

Whether you’re with friends, family, or on a date- everything is better on the beach. Beaches are beautiful. There’s no better feeling than lying out in the sun, digging your toes into the sand, and appreciating all that beauty around you.