Hideto - Syracuse, New York
Themes: sports

I believe in sports. I believe in sports not because I am majoring in sport Management or I like to play sports or I am fan of my favorite sports team, but I believe in sport because I believe sports have a power to influence people’s life.

First, Sport is a barrier-free. While attending your favorite team’s game, you are nothing more than just a “fan.” In my belief, sport doesn’t judge you. You are just a spectator if you are watching the game, you are just a fan no matter where you from or how you look. If you go to the other country and want to feel the atmosphere of the country, I strongly recommend you to attend a sport game. You don’t have to be able to speak the local language to share your experience with the strangers. The sport makes you communicate with them.

Secondly, as we know from the Olympics, sport is global. There are more than 204 counties participating in the Beijing Olympics, and it has a huge impact on economics and politics.

Third, the most important aspect of sport is entertainment. I believe sport is definitely becoming a part of people’s life in entertainment-wise. Even if you don’t like it, it is an inevitable fact. When you turn on your TV, you see tons of sport commercial. There are many sports advertisement on the newspaper or magazine, which I’m sure we see them every day as well.

Finally, Sports are not just on TV and the newspaper, but it can be found in everything that we are using in daily life. Beverage, food, and clothes are the example. Even non-sport related companies are using top-athlete to promote their product. We should think about how much we are surrounded by the sports product.

Once again, I believe in sports because it is part of people’s life and it is inseparable from people’s life. I believe in sports because I am fascinated by the power and truly think that sport has the power to influence people’s life.