Soul Mates

Pearl - Syracuse, New York
Themes: love

I happen to be a hopeless romantic and I honestly believe that every person has one specific counterpart that he or she is destined to fall in love with. I have an obsession with sappy love stories, probably because I want to be like the characters in the tale. I long for that fairy tale life, with the perfect man and a happily ever after. I legitimately am the type of person who thinks that The Notebook is the epitome of the perfect romance. The way that two young teenagers fall in love and lose it all; only to find their way back into each other’s arms again is the ultimate illustration of two human beings that are destined for one another.

I am a true believer in fate and destiny. Not in the sense that there are unwritten law that states exactly whom you will marry and spend forever with, but the fact that there really is one person created in this world that was made specifically as your perfect other half. Sometime during your life, the two of you are destined to cross paths and meet, and the rest is up to each of you to seize the moment. You may not recognize it right away, the two of you might not even speak, I’m sure that most people walk right past their “perfect match” unknowingly or even date other people first, but the point is that at the right time and the right moment, you are bound to eventually find each other due to fate.

For many, dating other people could be perceived as clever. Maybe the timing wasn’t right at the moment of introduction or perhaps mistakes need to be made before you are ready for the real thing. But keep in mind that every failed relationship is just a stepping stone towards a prosperous connection with “The One” and lessons learned within that relationship were meant to prepare you for your perfect other. The path that was taken to get there is just an obstacle in order to reach the treasure.

Lovers’ souls yearn to be near one another and I think that it is only when the two pieces have found each other to create a whole that you truly find your purpose and reason in the world. The things we all do for love is unexplainable, love is a search, love is a quest, love is a journey into the unknown, the greater the risk that is taken for love, the greater the reward and without the chase, the excitement, and the fear of

rejection it would all be too easy and unsatisfying. So all you can do is be hopeful, take a chance, seize the moments that take your breath away, live without regret and let fate take its course. Destiny will align you with your counterpart and when you are ready, create an everlasting love.

Once you find true love, it never dies. Love really is the only thing that can be attached to the word forever. Love lasts forever. For me, seeing an elderly couple still finding ways to be romantic and courting is the most endearing thing. I aspire to be like them. Which may seem silly, but when I’m old and gray and things that mattered when I was 20 will seem too minute to remain in my recollection; all that I can wish for is to have the company, devotion, respect and love of my destined husband. But not just plain love,

I want to still be in love. There is a difference, a BIG difference. But that’s just a whole other story of what I believe.