Marriage

Tiffany - Syracuse, New York

This I believe…

Marriage

I believe in marriage. I believe that the most beautiful and most meaningful thing in life is the union of two people who love each other. I think being able to wake up every day next to the person whom you love is a remarkable thing. Almost every girl has dreamed about their top of the line wedding. Since I was a little girl I have created in my mind what my ideal wedding would be. I would love to have a New York City wedding and have the ceremony done at St. Patrick’s Cathedral right on Fifth Avenue. The reception would then be held at the Trump owned hotel, The Plaza. There is a ballroom there that is called The Grand Ballroom. This ballroom has beautiful chandeliers and tapestries. There is a mini stage were my live band is going to be performing and a dance floor that has been made for royalty. But of course this is just a creation that I have made in my mind. Marriage isn’t just a lavish wedding that costs thousands of dollars. Marriage is the unity of two individuals who love each other. Through this a new chapter is open, a chapter of romance, children and growing old together.

I grew up watching my parents love each other and the profound respect they have for each other. They have been married for over twenty years and they still treat each other like high school sweet hearts. They taught my sister and me how to love and treat others like one would like to be treated. Together they have always cherished each other’s company. I want what they have and what they have is love and happiness. It’s these two ingredients that make life magnificent.

Marriage brings great things. I want to live the rest of my life with the person whom I love. I want to have children with the person whom I think will be the best father. I want to be woken up in morning by children who have a piece of me and piece of my loved one. I want to make memories and look back at them when I get old. Marriage is a beautiful gift.

I know I am young and marriage is not in the picture yet but I know it’s out there and eventually I will find the person whom I will spend the rest of my life with. Marriage shouldn’t be something to be afraid of or thought of as an imprisonment. Even if my New York City wedding isn’t accomplished I know I will be with someone that I love. My mother found my father and father found my mother and I know deep down inside I will discover what my parents have. I believe in matrimony and aging with the one you love and the one you will always cherish.