When it’s Hot, You Water the Plants

Samantha - Kyle, Texas

When it’s Hot, You Water the Plants

Whenever you are driving down a highway and get off to the access road, you see the homeless, hungry, tired people. Did you ever think to maybe help them. They are tired and hot in the sun, while you are nice and cool in the car. This I believe in watering the plants when it’s hot.

I think its cool when I see people give other people who need something just because. It’s not like they ever did something to you, they are just there, so why not help. If you think about it, it is like they are a small city in a major drought, and you are the rain. So why not let it pour and give them a shower…of rain that is.

I was with my mom one day driving back from practice and we had got food to eat because she was hungry. I got a burger but I didn’t eat it, so when we slowly pulled up to the red light I yelled at the man standing there with his sign saying, “One is all it takes”. I tossed him my bag of food, and when he caught it he had a grin on but as he opened it and saw what was in it I saw a smile that went ear to ear. I laughed and pulled of, well because the light had turned green.

Bunches of people grow up learning the buddy system and things like sticking together. Yeah, it is for safety, but when you grow up you rely on yourself and have to make your own choices and help others. Sure a huge group of people can help make the planet safer, only one can make a person feel good. Just like in my story the man was happy. He had that huge smile, even though it might not last forever, but he will remember that some people still do that, and not because people roll up their window when they see him or her coming down the road.

Why not help the needy at the street light whom as probably gone a day or two without eating, or your neighbor who is having a hard time moving. It isn’t like you are straining and going out of your way to do it. It’s just a gesture, a suggestion, a slight movement to helping maybe a fellow you.

This I believe is why when it’s hot you water the plants. It’s legit.