This i Believe, I believe that memories are key to living a good life

Alexis - Syracuse, New York
Themes: legacy

This I believe, I believe that memories are a key component in living a happy life. I believe all types of memories contribute to this; good memories, bad memories, old memories, new memories, and making memories. Living a happy life isn’t always having all the money and everything you want. It’s about reminiscing, dreaming, wishing, and laughing.

This I believe, I believe that good memories keep us looking forward to the future in hope that we can feel that same goodness again. It’s natural for us to want to experience a great time we have had because no one ever wants to have a lousy time, we always want a great time. Good memories bring a good laugh. Just the slightest thought of a good memory will make the saddest and meanest person smile. Good memories make great stories. They are a great way to interact and connect with someone. Good memories even sometimes even sometimes allow us to forget the past and befriend a once friend again and re experience those memories.

This I believe, I believe that bad memories help us too. I believe that bad memories help protect us from harm in the future. It allows us to know and be more awake next time. Bad memories allow us to warn people so they don’t have a bad experience and a bad memory as well. Bad memories can show us how strong we are. They allow one to see how even though one has suffered, one can make it through the pain and came out on top.

This I believe, I believe that old memories allow us to remember the good old days. They allow one to remember the crazy times one had when one was younger and did stuff one most likely got in trouble for. They remind us of our youth. They allow us to connect with the next generation. We can compare or disconnect with the youths in our lives now but remembering our youth experiences. They make us remember the hard times and allow is to be grateful they are over. Old memories allow us to remember the good times we’ve had with someone who has passes away and remind us how lucky we are to be alive.

This I believe, I believe in new memories. I believe new memories allow us to keep anticipating for tomorrow. They describe someone’s current life. New memories are the recent chapters of the person’s life who still has more to be written about. Making memories is the result of new memories. Making memories is the main key to living a good life because it is making and molding your life to what you want it to be. Making memories is you writing your story. New memories and making memories are what allow us to have good, bad, and old memories. This I believe, I believe all memories keep is thinking, hoping, dreaming, and making our lives unique and different than everyone else’s.