Change

Megan - Syracuse, New York
Themes: change

I believe that embracing change through experience ensures me the opportunity to better myself. Change is not always easy and in most cases inevitable, but it is one of the main components in the growth of an individual. Changes in life are constantly forcing you to reevaluate yourself. In many cases if you are not able to change the situation so you are forced to change yourself.

Throughout your life things are constantly changing around you, but the more

personal the situation is the bigger the impact is going to be on the individual.

Most people look back and usually remember a life changing experience as something they struggled to deal with. It is thought that struggles develop strengths, but what is it exactly that inspires a person to change? I believe that every change has some influence behind it. The most obvious influences are those of the people around you. I have found myself in situations where I was unable to change what happened but was in total control over how I was going to deal with it. In these situations I was able to learn from the influential people in my life who gave me the knowledge and tools to change my outlook. With a change in attitude and approach to solving problem obstacles tend to subside.

With each challenging or new situation opportunity presents itself. There is the opportunity of a second chance, to start with a clean slate and do things differently in ways which you can better yourself. In these opportunities you can be your best friend or worst enemy. Starting a new semester is a perfect example of a second chance. As a student you cannot rely on anyone but yourself to do the work, ultimately you have to be the change you want to see in your education. This concept applies in many different areas of life.

If you are unwilling to except change, or choose not to reevaluate yourself in different situations you might find that life can become more difficult then it needs to be. Having the ability to look at situations with a different attitude will help you grow as an individual. I believe knowing how to handle change is one of the most important tools a person can posses.