Hope is real

Elisa - San Antonio, Texas

I believe in hope, peace, love, acceptance, and equality. With these simple things a person could change the world. Hope is real, hope is alive. No matter how bad things get they could always be worse. There is life waiting for you beyond all the pain you may endure. The key to getting through tough times is to believe in hope. Believe you can make a difference. Believe that one person’s voice can mean something.

Growing up I have always wanted to make a difference in the world. To this day one of my many goals is to write a book that will make a positive impact on at least ONE person’s life. I have volunteered at many places and I still feel like I am not doing enough to make this world a better place for our future generations. I believe that hope is something we have forgotten about. We see obstacles in our way and we just give up. We have no hope. Every time I think things are getting bad, I look down at my wrist and see the word “hope”. I did this for many reasons. I am not saying we should all get “hope” tattooed across our wrists, but we should have it tattooed on our mind. Take a deep breath and hope for the best possible outcome.

Peace is something else I strongly believe in and strive to make every situation more peaceful. It would be very pessimistic of me to say that world peace is impossible. If everyone just stopped to love for one second, this world would be made better. It would be unrealistic of me to say that we should all fly to different countries and make peace with every single nation. But what we can do is start here at home. Make peace with those around us. Life is short, too short to hold on to grudges and to hate others. Embrace peace, embrace people, animals, the environment. God has put us on this earth to love one another and to love our earth.

Love is the next step. It is something that we all need and we all take advantage of everyday. We as people were not meant to be lonely. We were not meant to walk our days alone. We were meant to love. As much as some of us would not like to admit it, we need people, we need friends, we need family. Even when we feel like we are alone, we should stop and think that we are NEVER alone God is always with us. We must learn to love ourselves as well as our neighbors as God intended us to.

Acceptance and equality go hand in hand. It is important to be true to yourself and true to others. Open up your heart to people and accept them for who they are. We all have human rights. We all have the same bones, the same organs. We all feel, we all breathe, we are all human. When it comes to the science of everything, we are all just shells. We’re equal. Live with everyone.