The Importance of Everyone

Adrian - San Marcos, Texas

I believe that every person has purpose in life, whether it’s a real estate agent, CEO, doctor, and even jobs that people think aren’t important like the cashier at Wal-Mart. I think that people should never feel bad for what they do at all. I understand how people think that, since I have a few family members….lets say not took the wrong road to a downfall…I like to say a choice of their own. They feel like they have been a failure and a disgrace but really if you think about it, it really isn’t. At times I take time to think about how I want to be a successful man in the future and make tons of money I have dreamed of having, since I am Hispanic a lot of people assume that I will only be something in let’s say a “minimum wage job”. But then I also think about how everyone’s jobs are important. Example: a custodian…. people just think that it’s just a low paying job with no purpose. Actually, everyone should thank the custodians especially those that work for schools. They are here early morning and late at night just so our schools are clean for us to learn the day that follows.

People that work at our local grocery stores are super important. They are the people that greet us when we enter; they are the reason why that store is there.. If they weren’t there…who would be there to run it in a proper way? Though no one takes the time to think about how important and precious everyone’s jobs, they actually are. Though we are in the 21st century and we have upgraded our technology by bunches and have added quite a few self check-outs in our stores nowadays, you have to remember how it all started. Working at the local gas station isn’t bad, neither is the guy that washes windows at a carwash, it’s all a purpose. Though you might not feel like it is, it always will be. Never be that person that fears to be made fun of what you do for a living. You got to start somewhere in life.