Making Someone’s Day

Luke - Kyle, Texas

I believe in the simple act of making someone’s day. It’s really an easy thing to do. All it takes is a little kindness and a few words. You would never know or be able to understand what a random act of kindness small as a phrase like,” you look great, have a nice day,” can do to make a persons day so much better, unless you have experienced it for yourself.

Just a few words can change a person’s whole day around. It’s letting them know someone cares, makes them feel good about themselves, show them that the whole world is not out to get them.

If everyone took two seconds to tell one person a day something kind that makes their day I guarantee friendships would grow, relationships would strengthen, suicide and homicide rates would drop. I mean come on, even the people who try to act tough and like they don’t care for compliments really care deep down. It’s just human nature to feel good when greeted warmly or complimented grandly. Even just waving, saying “Hi” with the biggest smile on your face could do the trick.

The best part about it you feel great when doing it. It always cheers me up to know I made someone’s day at least a little better. If I can get a smile on their face I’ve done my job. I live to cheer people up, especially when I’m feeling down. In order to cheer them up you got to act goofy, smile, make them feel good about themselves, and in doing that I always end up cheering myself up messing around or being just silly to make someone’s day. Seriously guys, who knows how you could help someone. You may increase their self esteem, make them feel loved… Who knows, you may have even kept them from making a decision to commit suicide or do something else if they had been angry or in a bad mood before.

Just be a friend, show someone you care or love them. Go out and make someone’s day, and in the process make your own. Someone who doesn’t like you may even grow on you if those kind words are directed towards them. All with just a few words, a smile, a wave, a kind act, any of these can make someone’s day. This is why I believe in making someone’s day.