Finally Happy

Austin - buda, Texas

Finally happy

The main things I believe in are karma, and love. Simply put. I believe that everyone is here for a reason. Every single person has a purpose, and every single person has that one special person waiting for them. My life is based on my beliefs, the way I carry myself, and the things that I do, are all based on my beliefs.

When I was about four years of age my mom had been divorced and remarried to my old step dad, I guess that’s what you would call him. The first few years were pretty good from what I can remember of that. He would take me out to do all kinds of fun stuff. That surely wouldn’t last long…

By the time I was 13 my life had gone from peaceful and happy, to having an alcoholic step father and a full on abusive relationship with him. I can, and will always remember how everything I did or everything I said was wrong or never good enough. I really learned the effects alcohol abuse has on a man’s brain. But, I’m not writing this essay to complain about my childhood.

When I was around 15 my mom divorced the so-called step dad, and began and going out to bars and clubs and things of that sort. One day I’m asking my mom if I can go somewhere and she just hands me the keys to the car. Of course, my mom would never do a thing like that. So I knew something HAD to be up. I pretty much acted like I had no clue to see if my mom would tell me what was up. And as I was driving by the house one night when I was supposed to be out at a party or whatever I saw a familiar big white dodge sitting at the house. Again, I acted like nothing was going on; finally she told me how this new guy was. It actually turned out to be Andy my step dad’s ROOMATE. Man, did I crack up about that one. I ended up loving the guy to death after all. They ended up getting married on the beach less than a year later and are still very happily married. And we are all the happiest we’ve ever been and now I actually feel that I’ve got a very strong family, for the first time in my life.

In the end, the old step dad got what he had coming to him, and my mom has finally found someone she can love and get loved back forever. She has found someone that seems to always liven up the mood and make everyone around him happy.