The Power of Writing

Heidi - Kyle, Texas

I believe in the power of writing.

I just discovered I like writing about nine months ago. I started writing some random story one Sunday in bible class and it turned out to be pretty good, but I haven’t finished it yet.

I think writing it’s just about the best thing that can happen to a person. It helps you get any thoughts on paper or if you don’t like talking, just write out how you’re feeling. It helps me.

I can’t make a good career of writing like some people but I can use it as a therapy session to get my feelings out which works quite often. All I need is some paper, a pen or a pencil and I could just go for hours probably but I would get a cramp eventually.

I never really liked reading and writing in school. It always bored me. I got two’s on writing TAKS tests. I was never really interested in doing it until I found out how much you can do with it.

My friends always told me that my stories were too long when I told them. They told me I needed a diary or a journal. I started thinking that I could write all this down and turn them into actual short stories. I haven’t started yet but I will probably will.

Just think of how much this world has changed with writing. If no one learned how to write we wouldn’t have the constitution or the Amendments in concrete. We wouldn’t have books to read to take us to other worlds. Our world wouldn’t be the same, it would be blah.

One day I would love to write a New York best seller novel. I would actually love to have more than that but I don’t think I would ever be able to write that much.

I don’t think I’m going to write in college but maybe I would minor in it. I really love to cook. I’m going to try to achieve both of these things in my life.

So it doesn’t matter if it’s made up or real, write it out!