Music Is the Answer to Life

Schyler - Buda, Texas

I believe that music is the answer to life. It is the antidote for all, may it be a bad day, a celebration, or just expressing sentiment.

But allow me to start with bad days. Everyone has them, but only the astute know the best way to heal them; music. I know that when I have bad days I grab my KC & the Sunshine Band CD and allow my problems to melt away as I jam to the sweet sound of Vinnie Tanno and Ken Faulk making sweet melodies on their trumpets. As Forest Gump’s mother said, “Life is like a box of chocolate; you never know what you’re going to bite into next.” I like to consider music to be the wax paper that each of those pieces of chocolate is wrapped in. No matter which piece you do bite into, there is that wax paper, patiently waiting for you to spit out the nasty lemon cream filling, which few like, back into it. Just like no matter what life leaves at my front door, there is a song that can totally distract my mind, or even just give me that boost of courage to solve it. Or maybe I had a good day and music just helps emphasize it.

What would a celebration be without music? Not a celebration, that is for sure. Music enlightens the heart as jelly makes the peanut butter sandwich. Without music life is like gooey stuff on the roof of your mouth. Music is like the substance that takes away the goo. Like water, only ten thousand times better. Love for anniversaries, classical for baby showers, or whatever makes the mood joyful for those blissful occasions.

Playing an instrument is one of the most perfect ways to express any emotion I might have bottled up inside. Be it happy, sad, angry, anxious, or just whatever my heart has going on at the time. It does not even really matter if I play well or not. For the most part some would say I need immense improvement, but honestly I do not care! It helps me solve problems I have, or just helps me cope with them. Who cares if the world cringes at the sound of the beat of my heart?

Whatever the occasion or feeling, music can help. I believe that music is the answer to life.