The Power of Being Yourself

Ashley - Kyle,, Texas

There is nothing more powerful than being yourself. Nobody knows who I am as well as I do myself. I’m the only person that truly knows exactly who I am, all that I’ve been through, and the person that I trust the most.

I’m sure I’ve been judged by other people before; everybody has. But inside I can make all those horrid feelings disappear and have content thoughts in my mind. I don’t have to listen to all those people judge me just because whatever they don’t like about me they can’t just keep it to themselves. It’s whatever to me.

I can choose anything I want to do. Every single choice is up to me. I absolutely love playing basketball. Everything about it just amazes me. The running, defense, offense, and especially when I stuff somebody. It’s my passion. In my life, I have to learn how to keep with my school work while juggling extracurricular activities such as playing on the school’s varsity basketball team and taking college course classes in high school. But that’s exactly what I mean when I say being yourself is so powerful. There is nobody in this world that is exactly like me. I am my own unique person, just like everybody else is their own unique person in some way.

I have the power to decide who my friends are, the actions I make through my daily life, and how I treat other people with respect. I love my life and others should love theirs too! Our lives are chosen to make us happy and we were made to be exactly how we are.

So on the count of that, I am ready for whatever life throws at me. I am ready to conquer anything. I am ready to just be myself. And so I believe, there is nothing more powerful than being yourself.