Everything Happen For a Reason

Megan - Moutnain City, Texas
Themes: family, illness

I believe that you should never take life for granted, live every day like it could be your last. Have no regrets, make the right decisions for you, and live your life to its’ fullest potential.

A few years ago there was a big change in my life, my dad got sick. It was very hard to see the person I looked up to go through what he did when he couldn’t even control it. There was never a thought in my head about anything bad happening in my life. It changed the whole way I thought about things because I took my life and what I had been given for granted.

I learned to be very cautious with what I said and did because I didn’t want to have to deal with another “episode” and watch a total stranger embody my father. Life was scary for about 5 years because whenever I thought he was getting better it would turn bad in a blink of an eye.

I love my dad and I love to be around him any chance I get. In the period of time that he was sick my parents got a divorce, and that was another log added to the fire of my life. I had never been scared about something so unreal, everything that I used to think changed.

I think things have finally started working out in the past few months with my dad, I always try to be aware of a sign of something changing so there won’t be another outbreak. I try to make the best out of what I can get; you never know what can happen in a small matter of time.

I used to think that I was living a great life and nothing bad could ever happen to me. I took way too many things for granted and I wish I could have seen what I really had before it was gone. My dad is a very important person to me and I don’t know what I could possibly do without him. He has changed way I live now, and the way I think about things. I appreciate everything that I am given and I am very grateful for the things I have.

You never know what you have until it’s gone. There is never a moment in your life that you should take for granted. Always remember that what you have is special even if you’re the only one who sees it. Life’s hardships make you grow and learn how to be a better person, life is not always going to be easy so sometimes all you have to do is suck it up and deal with it for awhile. Everything is bad before it gets better.