I believe in grass

Dylan - buda, Texas
Themes: sports

I believe in grass, even if it is the size of a toothpick.

I have been playing baseball for 14 years. For as long as I can remember it has brought me success, relief, and most of all a lot of joy.

When I was 13 years old, my grandfather had pasted away. He was so very close to me. I was heart broken, we played baseball all of the time. I didn’t know if I could ever play again, but one of the things he told me when he was alive was, “The grass will always shine on.” This saying has stuck with me ever since.

So now I am 17, a son, and an amazing baseball player, all I am looking forward to do is go on that baseball field. Where the sun is brighter then ever, or it can be raining, but yet the love for the game makes it feel as if it was that same sunny day. Than the freshly circled raked dirt, ant the most important thing the recently cut grass. In the mornings you can still see the dew on it and the afternoon the green of the grass shines the brightest than any other time of day. When it comes to be night, lights probably the brightest lights ever fill up the stadium like no other.

Thanks to my grandfather I was able to experience this magnificent felling, like weights have been lifted off my shoulders.

Well I have used his words very wisely. So, if you are having a bad day? Just remember that no matter how tuff it maybe, the grass will be there for you, as it was for me.