I believe the color of nail polish makes you who you are.

Miranda - buda, Texas

Whenever I’m having a rough day I always seem to look down at my nails.One day their pink, the next black, and the next green. As I sit and stare at my short painted fingernails I suddenly see that things aren’t so bad. Sometimes I can be selfish and not myself but before I know it I catch myself glimpsing down at my nails. I’m not sure what it is about them. The way I think and feel when I’m looking down at those short, stubby, bitten at fingernails.

The different colors put me in different moods. When their black I’m gloomy, red I’m happy, purple I’m loving, and when their green I’m peaceful. The feeling I get is incredible. When I look down its like I’m checking myself, making sure I’m being the person that I’m supposed to be.

As time goes on my nails change from day to day. As they change I can feel myself changing as well. Nobody is who they used to be and that’s okay. People are supposed to grow and change from day to day just like my nails. Someone once told me “Don’t change for anything”. When I heard that I realized that I cant stay the same for anything.

I change on a daily bases, never knowing exactly what I want. For now I’m learning and growing into this life of mine and I’m okay with that. I depend on the ones I love to help me get through the day. Things seem to be going fine and for now that’s all that matters.