cheyenne - buda, Texas
Themes: carpe diem

I believe that everyone should live their lives however they want. No matter what my flaws or insecurities are, I strive to do the things I love, or whatever makes me happiest. I’m literally a walking natural disaster. I say natural because I’ve been this way since birth, I didn’t just evolve because of my attitude, and its not like I was raised on a minefield, I just happen to be lucky enough to be a magnet for catastrophe.

When I was four, my cousins and I were taking turns jumping off of the bunk bed just to see who would do it. Not wanting to be outdone by the boys, I climbed to the very top and jumped. The jump went great…but the landing? Not so much. I broke my foot on that one. When I was six, I was playing on the blacktop at recess with all my friends and I fell and skinned my knee. Every child falls down and gets scraped and bruised, but since I’m so cool I got blood poisoning and almost died. Can you think of anyone you know that’s had that happen? When I was eight, I decided it would be a great idea if I made my own treadmill by squirting coconut shampoo on the shower bottom. I know it was coconut because I smelled like a piña coloda the whole time I was in the ER. I think the result of that was a hairline fracture in my wrist, but I’m not sure. When I was ten, my dad and I went to see a movie. We were leaving the truck when he got a phone call so he sat in the driver seat to talk. I got out of the truck and was standing by the passenger door holding onto the edge. I guess my dad thought I had walked away because he reached over and slammed the door…on my thumb. The funny part is, even though it was broken, he just got me an ice-pack and we watched the movie before we made yet another trip to the ER. I have moved twenty-six times in my sixteen years of life, and I’ve personally known every ER doctor in whatever area we were living in.

My point is, even though I’m almost guaranteed to get injured, I still take risks and try not to let my fears, flaws, and insecurities hold me back. I only get to live my life once, so I’m going to live the fullest life possible…especially since I’m probably the kid most likely to get hit by a bus tomorrow. I don’t want to be lying in the middle of the road and have my last thought be “I wish I had done that when I had the chance”. If I have to die, I want to do it without regrets and the knowledge that I had a good life.