Sarah - Kyle, Texas
Themes: golden rule

Sarah Moody

8-29-8

3

“An Eye for an Eye”

I believe that the concept of “an eye for an eye” should never have been thought of.

I am a sixteen year old girl who has a sister of the age of twenty-three. As I have observed sisters, or even any kind of sibling, when something is dome to another that is horrible the other sibling feels that they have to do the exact same thing back. Of course if does not stop there. Strangers do it to one another, happily married couples do it to each other and most effective is countries do it to one another.

Many examples surround our daily life and also in our history. Going back to the years of World War 2 it was pretty fearsome for many with the many deaths and unexpectedness. One of the main “eye for an eye” issues during WW2 happened when Japan snuck through the Pacific Ocean waters in their submarines and ships. They came upon Hawaii and surprised attacked, killing many people because many were sleeping of preoccupied with Sunday morning duties. Later on the war to get back at Japan the USA set off three atomic bombs killing beyond excessive.

Around sixty years later we now have the Iraq war which has caused an uproar in the United States as well as other places. It is rumored that Iraq had something happen to them when President George Bush was president and that he was responsible, as well as congress. So in 2001 Iraq came over and bombed some of our precious landmarks, killing many citizens of the United States. To make sure they will never do anything of that sort again congress voted for troops to go into Iraq and catch the miscreant who was in charge of the attack. They finally caught Sudam Hussein, the terrorist behind it all, and decided while they were over there to change the government from communism to democracy.

These issues are only the most noticeable concepts of “an eye for an eye.” There are way more that surround us every day which does not help human society to progress to a brighter future.