My Real Life Super Hero

Michael - Austin, Texas
Themes: family, love

I believe that you learn to respect the people you love. I believe that no matter how many “phases” you go through in life you realize that the people you think hat you’re because they discipline you are really the ones that mean the most. Throughout my life I have come to realize everything my dad has done for me. Ever since I was a baby, he has devoted everything from friends to his education to raise me. It’s a sad thing to think that there are some kids in a situation one-hundred times worse than anything I have ever been through with no one to look up to. I don’t think I would be here laying in this bed, in this house, in this neighborhood if it wouldn’t have been for my dad caring so much. Every time we get into an argument I feel like the biggest self –centered idiot. Sometimes I don’t know how I can bring myself so low as to yell at the man that has done absolutely everything for me; my own real-life superhero.

Recently my parents were in a very bad motorcycle accident. My dad laid the motorcycle down on his leg and lost all the muscle in his right calf. As for my mom, she broke fourteen bones from her femur up to her eye socket. It was crazy to see the man I thought was un-breakable laying on that hospital bed in excruciating pain with tears running down his face. Even then he was still trying to make me feel better. He sang me a chorus that went “Big boys don’t cry” as I laid my head on his chest crying. I’m telling you this because most family’s would have filed for disability or sit around feeling sorry for themselves wondering how they are going to put food on the table. Even to this day my dad still works to give me, my brothers, and my sister everything we could ask for. If its not clear to you by now, I believe in my dad. Michael Pinson, no he’s no movie star and no he doesn’t make tons of money, just my family’s own real-life super hero. I love and admire my dad with every ounce of my heart. After all, everyone needs someone.