Friends Are forever, while relationships are temporary

Kayla - Mountain City, Texas

I believe that when I have a boyfriend they are always just going to be temporary until I find the one that I want to settle down with and have a family. My friends always come before a boyfriend no matter what happens to me. It may come off to the significant other that I might just think that they don’t mean anything to me, even though I really do.

When I go to school I am anxious to see my best friends Tori, Kayla, Jackie, Sarah, Tara, and Lorren. I always love seeing a smile on their faces because they are happy to see me to. I think its funny when we do something stupid or pointless but we only know the true meaning behind it, its like all of our random inside jokes.

I hate it when one of my friends have a boyfriend and they sometimes forget that I’m there trying to talk to them about something really important about the week end or something that happen to me like if one of my family members is in the hospital and I don’t know how to react to it. It just seems like I am that one apple that doesn’t want to be touch because they forgot I was even there.

I really love it when my friends come to me for advice about there problem or just because they are having some boy problems. I always tell my friends that I am there for them even if I am really busy. Ill put aside what I am doing at that point and time and listen to them. I’ll give them the best advice that I can give them.

When I have a boyfriend the first thing I tell them is that even though they are my boyfriend I am still going to hang out with my friends but share the me time between the two. If they respect my decision then we tend to last longer but if they don’t, I understand and we break up cause of it. It is just like being the middle of the sandwich.

No matter what happens, your friends are always going to for a life time. While on the other hand, having a boyfriend is just temporary because you never know what is going to happen in the relationship. There is always going to be boys that I can date, but sometimes once you lose a friend you can never gain them back with the good friendship you had before or you just lose the friend forever.