Importance of Money

Kuo Hao - Syracuse, New York

Arthur Schopenhauer once said “Money is a barrier against all possible evils.” Money is necessary to live and to live well in our society. Money aids one’s advancement in society by raising one’s status, therefore providing opportunities that may not be available to those who are less fortunate. You don’t need a lot of money to be independent, successful, and happy, but you must know how to manage your own money and make use of it.

Money can prevent suffering of poverty such as cold or hunger. There are many homeless people in the United States. They suffer from cold and hunger everyday. Eventually, not only do they become depressed, but they also turn into the unfortunate ones in our society. If these people had learned how to manage their own money and used it wisely, they could be one of us today wearing a t-shirt and a pair of jeans walking on the street with a Dunkin Donuts coffee on one hand and a cell phone on the other hand. Often we use money to pursuit our dreams and happiness. We periodically buy homes, cars, cloths, and accessories to enhance our lifestyle and to raise the standard of living of every individuals. Along our life, we buy things that satisfy our needs periodically, wether it be a month, a few months, or a year, money helps us achieve that. Success comes with a good establishment and development of one’s education. Almost everyone in this country is required to attend elementary school and high school. A better education comes with a more expensive school. It is very usual to find young adults like us having trouble to pay our tuition in college or universities. Therefore, money is very much needed for teenagers and their families to invest in education. By giving the money to the charity, we are doing a good deed to save other people’s life. When we earn a lot of money until the point where the extra money become too abundant, we can return it back to the society. Donating the money to the charity allows non-profit organizations to assist the less fortunate ones in our country. If one can donate a portion of his or her wealth to the charity, there will be a smaller number of homeless people and beggars that suffer from cold and hunger. This in the end raises the standard of living of the society overall as well.

Getting money is not as easy as you thought, but if one manages his or her money well, he or she can be as wealthy as other people. One should obtain money legitimately. Earn your own money and use it to achieve your goals and plans. No one should receive money illegally if one is to avoid any crimes and irremediable records that can haunt them for the rest of their lives. Obtaining the money in the right way and using it well allows one to enjoy all the benefits from it and live a happy and successful life.